The priority during waves of community illness, is the safety of our patients and staff. This means care must be managed differently. Your co-operation and understanding is appreciated. When making an appointment, a receptionist will ask you some screening questions. If you are unwell with any fever or respiratory symptoms like a cough, please notify the receptionist who will organise a telephone consultation with one of your GP's. If you are required to attend the practice the staff will provide you with specific instructions to provide a safe environment. The measures are put in place for everyone’s safety.
Important - Practice Policy
Online booking is for standard appointments and not for emergency treatment.
Please dial 000 or go to the nearest hospital emergency department if you have chest pains, uncontrolled bleeding, poisoning, constant vomiting, serious breathing problems, or anything else you deem as life or limb threatening.
Homeworld Helensvale Medical Centre is a mixed billing practice. Payment is required at the time of consultation.
- If you can’t find a suitable appointment – please ring
- Some doctors Bulk Bill pensioners, health care card holders and children aged under 16 years
- Each doctor has their own fee schedule and is responsible for applying that schedule
- All other patients are charged fees and get their rebates back quickly through Medicare Easyclaim
- New patients will need to book 2 consecutive appointments
- All immunisations, health assessments, GP Management plans need to be made through reception – please ring
- All women’s health checks, minor procedures need to be made through reception – please ring